So what is it (this is taken with permission from www.richsoil.com/hugelkultur/):
raised garden beds: hugelkultur instead of irrigation
hugelkultur raised garden beds in a nutshell:
- grow a typical garden without irrigation or fertilization
- has been demonstrated to work in deserts as well as backyards
- use up rotting wood, twigs, branches and even whole trees that would otherwise go to the dump or be burned
- it is pretty much nothing more than buried wood
- can be flush with the ground, although raised garden beds are typically better
- can start small, and be added to later
- can always be small – although bigger is better
- You can save the world from global warming by doing carbon sequestration in your own back yard!
- perfect for places that have had trees blown over by storms
- can help end world hunger
- give a gift to your future self
Please click here to finish article and see lots of good diagrams and videos….